Lexapro (escitalopram) is a medication commonly used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. Like many other antidepressants, Lexapro can take several weeks to start working effectively. However, the timeline for when you may start to feel the effects of Lexapro can vary depending on factors such as your individual biology and the severity of your symptoms.Early Finder
How Long Does Lexapro Take to Work
Here’s what you need to know about how long Lexapro takes to work:
Read Also: 6 Steps to use UnitedHealthcare OTC card
- The first few days: Some people may begin to feel the effects of Lexapro within the first few days of starting the medication. This is more common in people who have previously taken antidepressants or who are taking a low dose of Lexapro.
- The first week: Most people will begin to feel the effects of Lexapro within the first week of taking the medication. During this time, you may notice a reduction in symptoms such as anxiety, depressed mood, or irritability.
Read Also: UnitedHealthcare Insurance: Pros and Cons
3. The first few weeks: For many people, it can take up to several weeks for Lexapro to reach its full therapeutic effect. During this time, you may continue to experience some symptoms, but they should become less severe over time.
4. Long-term effects: Lexapro can continue to work over the long term, providing relief from symptoms of depression and anxiety. It’s important to continue taking the medication as prescribed, even if you begin to feel better, to ensure the best outcome.
Read Also: How to Choose a Medical School
It’s important to note that Lexapro may not be effective for everyone, and it may take some trial and error to find the right medication or dosage to manage your symptoms. Additionally, it’s essential to talk to your healthcare provider about any side effects you may be experiencing or if you are not seeing an improvement in your symptoms.How Long Does Lexapro Take to Work
How does Lexapro make you feel the first week?
Lexapro (escitalopram) is a medication commonly used to treat depression and anxiety disorders. When you first start taking Lexapro, it’s normal to experience some side effects as your body adjusts to the medication. Here’s what you need to know about how Lexapro can make you feel during the first week of treatment:
Read Also: 12 Tips to get rid of Gynecomastia Naturally
- Physical side effects: Some people may experience physical side effects during the first week of taking Lexapro, such as nausea, dizziness, headache, and sleep disturbances.
- Emotional side effects: During the first week of taking Lexapro, you may also experience some emotional side effects, such as increased anxiety or agitation. This is because the medication can increase levels of the neurotransmitter serotonin, which can cause temporary side effects.
- Reduction in symptoms: Despite the potential for side effects, many people also report a reduction in symptoms during the first week of taking Lexapro. You may begin to feel less anxious or depressed or have a more stable mood overall.
It’s important to note that side effects are typically mild and tend to go away within a few weeks of starting treatment. If you experience severe side effects or if your symptoms do not improve over time, it’s essential to talk to your healthcare provider about adjusting your dosage or trying a different medication.
Read Also: How Old Do you have to be to Work at Walmart
Lexapro can take several weeks to start working effectively, with most people beginning to feel its effects within the first week of treatment. However, it’s essential to continue taking the medication as prescribed and to talk to your healthcare provider about any concerns you may have about the medication’s efficacy or side effects.