10 Ways to edit Pdf documents easily
Portable Document Format also is known as PDF is quite a popular method of sharing files online. This was developed by John Warnock who also is a co-founder of Adobe. This file format was created to make sharing a readable format of the document without having to print them. It could contain images, texts, and data. Due to this reason, editing the file could seem to be a bit difficult since it’s not meant to be edited as compared to other file formats such as Word Document (Docx.)
Originally, most of these files are converted to pdf from either Word documents, pictures, etc. However, if you’re not chanced to get the original files before converting to the PDF format, all hope isn’t lost as this post will discuss methods by which you can edit your PDFs.
In most engagements online, PDFs are more requested for submission. Now, if there’d be a need to convert then why do we also need to edit. I’d like to talk about the reason for PDF being preferred before we discuss how to edit them.
- It is universal
Oftentimes, when word documents are shared, depending on the recipient’s app, the fonts, layout may end up being messed up but this isn’t so with the PDF. Whatever application or program is used, the file would remain original except it’s edited.
Another reason why this format is preferred is the security it offers. PDFs can be encrypted such that viewing, editing, and even printing could be limited to a selected few who would be given access. While it is true that Word documents have security, the highest with it is to have the document protected with a password but with PDF files, much more can be done.
PDF files are much more engaging than other file formats, this is because other kinds of links and multimedia files could be incorporated which ordinarily cannot be added in other document formats.
Below are ten (10) proven methods that have shown overtime to be effective in editing PDF files
1. Adobe Acrobat DC
While this method isn’t free, it’s one of the best you can find out there. To use, follow the steps below:
- Open Acrobat DC
- Open the PDF file.
- Select the “Edit PDF” tool on the panel.
- Use Acrobat editing tools:
- From there, add, edit text from the Format list.
- Add, replace, move, or change the size of the image from the Objects list.
- Name and save the file.
2. Microsoft Word
This is a free means of editing PDF files. It is done on Microsoft Office packages from 2013 above. The only limitation to this is that tables and some other data in the file could get messed up in some instances.
- Open Microsoft Word
- Select File.
- Click Open
- Select the PDF file to be edited
- It shows a prompt; accept and make changes
- Click on ‘Save As’
- Save in PDF format.
3. Google Docs
This is another alternative to editing PDF
- Log into Google Drive with your Google account.
- Select New from the upper left side.
- Upload file
- Select PDF to be edited and upload.
- Select to open the document with Google Docs.
- Edit using the new editable file created.
- Download as PDF after editing.
4. Sejda PDF Editor
This is available on the Web, Windows, Mac, and Linux. It allows you to easily modify PDFs following the steps below.
- Log on to the Sejda website
- Select PDF Editor under the Edit and Sign column.
- Upload the PDF file you wish to edit
- Tap on the green Upload PDF file button to upload your file from your PC.
- Or select a location by clicking the drop-down menu and upload from Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, or a Web Address (URL).
- Once this is done, you can now edit your document
- Edit your documents and apply changes by clicking on the green button
5. From Mac
- Open your PDF file
- Highlight and copy texts to the clipboard.
- Use Command + Shift + 4 to extract image (if necessary)
- Drag cursor to fit the frame of the image you want to extract and release.
- Open Mac’s Pages app
- Paste text from the clipboard into a new document.
- Edit desired text
- Drag extracted images that are saved to your desktop into Pages document.
- Format texts and images
- Save the edited document as a PDF
6. PDF Expert
This is a Mac program used for PDF.
- Open PDF Expert
- Click on ‘edit’ in the toolbar
- Select the ‘text’ item
- Highlight the text to be edited
- Click on blank space after editing
7. PDF Viewers Plus
This is an app that can be purchased on the Microsoft store. It is unique to windows just as PDF Expert to Mac
- Select PDF file
- Open with PDF Viewer plus
- Edit PDF file as needed
- Save the edited PDF file
This program allows you to edit your PDFs on PC, web (online), and mobile phones.
- Open xodo.com/app
- Drag desired PDF file,
- Edit file
However, you cannot edit existing texts and photos but can add texts and more photos to the PDF
This is available online. It helps to convert PDF files to Word documents which can now be edited normally. It cannot be used to create to edit a Pdf directly without the need to first convert it.
- Open your browser
- Log on to the cloud website
- Select conversion format e.g PDF to DOC
- Select or upload the file (From PC, Url, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc)
- Convert file
- Save document
10. Foxit Online
This is a paid PDF tool which can be used to convert PDF files to any other format.
- Click on the tool
- Go to the corresponding tool page.
- Choose the file or upload file from PC or Cloud storage
- Convert selected file to the desired format
- View converted file
- Download or save file
Conclusively, in choosing the method that works best for you, you would need to put into consideration the size of the documents you would be editing and also how frequently you would be doing so. This would help you determine if the free or the paid option would be best for your projects.