If you own a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and are looking to upgrade to the Android version on your device, you have a few options. Here are the steps you can take to upgrade your Samsung Note 3 to the latest Android version:
How to Upgrade Samsung Note 3 Android Version
- Check your current Android version: Before you begin the upgrade process, it’s essential to check which version of Android your device is currently running. To do this, go to “Settings” > “About Device” > “Software Info.” Here, you can see which version of Android your device is running.Early Finder
Read Also: How to Reset Samsung TV
2. Check for software updates: If your Samsung Note 3 is running an older version of Android, you may be able to upgrade to a newer version through a software update. To check for updates, go to “Settings” > “System Updates” > “Check for Updates.” If an update is available, follow the prompts to download and install it.
3. Use Samsung Smart Switch: If your device is not eligible for a software update, or if you want to upgrade to a custom ROM, you can use Samsung Smart Switch to upgrade your device manually. To do this, download and install the Samsung Smart Switch software on your computer. Then, connect your Samsung Note 3 to your computer using a USB cable. Open Smart Switch and follow the prompts to upgrade your device to the latest Android version.
4. Install a custom ROM: If you want to upgrade your Samsung Note 3 to a custom ROM, you will need to unlock your device’s bootloader and install a custom recovery. This process can be complicated, and it’s important to follow instructions carefully to avoid damaging your device. Once you have installed a custom recovery, you can download and install a custom ROM that is compatible with your device.
How to install Android 11 on Galaxy Note 3?
The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is an older device that may not be officially eligible for the Android 11 update. However, you can still install Android 11 on your Galaxy Note 3 using a custom ROM. Here’s how to do it:
- Root your device: Before you can install a custom ROM, you need to root your Galaxy Note 3. This will allow you to modify the system files and install custom software. There are various methods available to root your device, and you can find instructions and tools online.
Read Also: 4 Ways to Watch Coda Without Apple TV+
- Install a custom recovery: Once you have rooted your device, you need to install a custom recovery such as TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project). This will allow you to create a backup of your current ROM and install a new custom ROM. You can download TWRP and find installation instructions on their official website.How to Upgrade Samsung Note 3 Android Version
- Download a custom ROM: There are several custom ROMs available that are based on Android 11 and are compatible with the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. Some popular ROMs include LineageOS, Resurrection Remix, and Paranoid Android. You can download these ROMs from their respective websites or from XDA Developers.
Read Also: 9 Steps to Find Someone’s Amazon Wishlist
- Backup your data: Before you install a custom ROM, it’s essential to back up your data to avoid losing any important files. You can use the TWRP recovery to create a backup of your current ROM, including your apps, settings, and data.
- Install the custom ROM: Once you have downloaded the custom ROM and backed up your data, you can use TWRP to install the new ROM. Boot your device into recovery mode, select “Wipe,” and then select “Advanced Wipe.” Check the boxes for “System,” “Data,” “Dalvik,” and “Cache,” and swipe to wipe. Then, go back to the main menu and select “Install.” Navigate to the folder where you downloaded the custom ROM and select it. Swipe to confirm the installation, and then reboot your device.
Read Also: 4 Ways to Find Blocked Numbers on iPhone
Upgrading the Android version of your Samsung Note 3 can be a straightforward process if you have access to a software update. If your device is not eligible for an update, you can use Samsung Smart Switch to upgrade your device manually or install a custom ROM for a more customized experience. It’s essential to follow instructions carefully and back up your data before attempting any upgrades or modifications to your device.