How to Change the Name of Your Airpods – This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to change the name of your AirPods. Learn how to easily rename your AirPods to make them easier to identify and connect to your device.
With the increasing popularity of truly wireless earbuds, it is important to have your AirPods named in a way that makes them easy to identify and connect to your devices.
Whether you’re trying to change the name of your AirPods for personal reasons or to make it easier to connect to your devices, this guide will provide you with the information you need to make the change quickly and easily.
So, let’s get started!
Read Also: How to Find Apple Watch
1. How to Change the Name of Your Airpods using Via iPhone
Since AirPods are a product of the Apple ecosystem, renaming them on iPhones is a simple process. To change the name of your AirPods, follow these steps:Change the Name of Your Airpods
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone and select Bluetooth.
- Locate your AirPods in the list on the Bluetooth menu.
- Click on the “i” button on the right side of the AirPods.
- On the AirPods page, select the Name
- Delete the current name by clicking the X on the right side.
- Type in the new name for the AirPods. Earlyfinder.com
- Click Enter. The new name will now be visible on all your Apple devices.
The same steps can also be applied to rename AirPods Pro.
Read Also: How to Delete Onlyfans Account
2. How to Change the Name of Your Airpods On Mac
It’s possible to change the name of your AirPods on a Mac computer as well. To do so, follow these steps:
- Click on the Apple icon at the top left corner of the screen on your Mac and select System Preferences.
- From the System Preferences page, select Bluetooth.
- Connect and pair your AirPods to your Mac.
- On the Bluetooth page, you will see a list of devices.
- Locate your AirPods and right-click on them while holding down the Control key.
- Select the Rename
Enter the new name for your AirPods and confirm by selecting the Rename option. The next time you connect and pair your AirPods with your Mac, they will have the newly assigned name.
Read Also: How to Reset Samsung TV
3. How to Change the Name of Your Airpods using Andriod
Here’s how to change the name on AirPods on Android phones or tablets equivalent to an iPad:
- Open Settings on your Android phone.
- Select Connections.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Pair and connect your AirPods with your Android device.
- In the Bluetooth menu, locate the name of your AirPods and click on the Settings icon on the right side.
- On the Device details page, tap on the Pen icon.
- Change the name of your AirPods and confirm the change by clicking on the Rename
Read Also: How to Change Clock Face on Fitbit Blaze
4. How to Change Your Airpods’ Name on Windows
Here are the steps you need to follow to name your AirPods on a Windows laptop or any other PC alternative to a MacBook Pro:
- On your computer, click on the Start button located at the bottom-left corner of the screen.
- Open Settings and search for and select the Control Panel.
- On the Control Panel page, click on Hardware and Sound.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Locate the AirPods you want to rename and right-click on them.
- Select Properties from the drop-down menu.
- Go to the Bluetooth tab and change the name of the AirPods.
- Click OK to confirm the change.
Read Also: How to Buy Evergrow Coin
How to Stop Airpod Names From Reverting Back
When renaming AirPods, some users may experience the issue of the name reverting back to the default. This can happen when switching to a different device or putting the AirPods back in their case. To avoid this problem, there are a few practical solutions.
One solution is to reset your AirPods. This removes all current data and potential bugs that may be causing the issue. It also creates a new, likely bug-free connection between the AirPods and the device. To reset your AirPods, follow these steps:
- Open Settings on your phone.
- Select Bluetooth.
- Click on the “i” icon on the right of the AirPods name.
- Click on the Forget
- Hold down the Setup button on your AirPods until it turns white.