How to Find Apple Watch – Are you having trouble finding your Apple Watch? Don’t worry, you’re not alone. Whether you misplaced it or it’s been misplaced by someone else, there are a few ways to locate your device.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you can take to find your missing Apple Watch, including using the Find My app, checking your recent activity, and even putting your watch into Lost Mode.
Keep reading to learn more on the following;. How to Find Apple Watch
- how to find apple watch if dead
- how to find apple watch in house
- how to find apple watch with iphone
- apple watch location tracking
- apple watch lost mode pending
- how to find apple watch when its switched off
- how to find apple watch phone number at&t
- lost apple watch replacement
How to Find an Apple Watch using Find My app
Apple offers a free app for iOS devices called Find My iPhone (renamed as Find My app in iOS 13 and later) that can help locate lost Apple products. If you do not have the app on your smartphone or tablet yet, you can download it for free from the App Store.
Note: In order for your Apple Watch to be located using the Find My iPhone app, it must be connected to your Apple ID and the feature must be turned on. By default, the Find My iPhone feature is enabled.
To find your Apple Watch using the Find My iPhone app, follow the set of instructions outlined below:
- Open the Find My iPhone application and tap on “Devices“.
- From the list of connected iOS devices, select your Apple Watch.
- The app will display the location of your Apple Watch on a map. You can select the option “Play Sound” to make your Apple Watch emit a sound, making it easier to find if it is nearby.
Note: With the release of iOS 13, Apple combined the Find My iPhone app and the Find My Friends app into a single app called Find My.
How to Find an Apple Watch (iCloud Approach)
If you do not have another Apple device, you can still find your lost Apple Watch from any computer with access to the Internet.
- On your favorite browser, visit iCloud.com and sign in with your Apple ID and password.
- From the icon grid, select Find iPhone.
- Select All Devices.
- Select your Apple Watch.
- The map will display the location of your Apple Watch. At upper–right corner of the screen, you’ll find Play Sound. Tap on it.
Unable to Locate Apple Watch
Sometimes, it may not be possible to locate your Apple Watch using the Find My iPhone app or have it play a sound. For example, if the battery has run out, the app may only show you the last known location of the watch. Additionally, if your Apple Watch uses Wi-Fi, it can only report its location when connected to a known Wi-Fi network.
On the other hand, if your Apple Watch has cellular capabilities, it should be able to report its location as long as it is registered with your mobile carrier and has a strong signal.
In these scenarios, your only option is to locate your Apple Watch using the last known position reported by the Find My iPhone app. If you’re still unable to find it, we recommend placing it in Lost Mode as further explained in the article.
Turn On Lost Mode For Apple Watch (From iPhone or iPad)
If you can’t find your Apple Watch, you can put it in Lost Mode to lock it and display a message on the lock screen. To do this from an iOS device:
- Go to the Devices section at the bottom of the page.
- Select your Apple Watch from the list of connected iOS devices available.
- Select Activate under Mark As Lost.
- Confirm that you want to mark the device as lost.
- Enter a phone number that can be displayed on the watch if found, and add a custom message or use the default message provided by Apple.
Turn On Lost Mode For Apple Watch From a Mac
Lost Mode can also be activated from any computer with an internet connection. To do this:
- Using your favorite browser visit iCloud.com, sign in using your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Find iPhone on the icon grid.
- Select All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select your Apple Watch.
- The map will display the location of your Apple Watch or its last known location.
- Click on Lost Mode found at the upper–right corner of your screen.
- Enter a phone number to be displayed on the watch if found, and a custom message or use the default message provided by Apple.
Note: To deactivate Lost Mode, go to the Find My iPhone app, locate your Apple Watch and select the Lost Mode button under Actions to turn it off.
Prevent Losing Your Apple Watch
Although being mindful can help prevent losing your Apple Watch, a security company named Lookout has introduced a solution for this problem by developing an Apple Watch app as part of their standard Lookout security application for iOS. By downloading and configuring the software, your iPhone will notify you immediately when it loses connection with your watch, providing an additional way to ensure that you don’t forget it.
Note: Make sure that the Find My iPhone feature is enabled on your Apple Watch and that it hasn’t been accidentally turned off. You can find more information about this feature on the Apple website.