10 Steps to Take Apart Xbox One Controller
How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller: Taking apart an Xbox One controller can be daunting, but it can be a reasonably straightforward process with the right tools and instructions. Whether you want to replace a broken part or clean your controller, disassembling your Xbox One controller is a great way to understand better how it works. In this article, we will provide step-by-step instructions on how to take apart an Xbox One controller.early finder
Read Also: Sandbox VR Promo Codes and Coupons 2023
How to Take Apart Xbox One Controller
Before we begin, it is essential to note that taking apart your Xbox One controller will void any warranty you may have, so proceed at your own risk.
- Torx T8 security screwdriver
- Spudger or small flathead screwdriver
- Phillips head screwdriver
Step 1: Remove the battery cover and batteries from your Xbox One controller.
Step 2: Use the Torx T8 security screwdriver to remove the six screws on the back of the controller. There are two screws at the top, two in the middle, and two at the bottom.
Step 3: Use the spudger or small flathead screwdriver to pry open the back of the controller. Start at the bottom of the controller and work your way up. Do not damage any internal components while prying the back cover off.
Step 4: Once the back cover is removed, you will see the circuit board and the front shell. Gently lift the circuit board out of the front shell.Apart Xbox one Controller
Step 5: Remove the screws holding the triggers and bumpers in place. There are two screws for each trigger and two screws for each bumper.
Step 6: Carefully lift the triggers and bumpers from the front shell. You may need tweezers to remove small parts that may fall out.
Step 7: Remove the screws holding the thumbsticks and D-pad in place. There are four screws for each thumbstick and four screws for the D-pad.
Step 8: Carefully lift the thumbsticks and D-pad from the front shell. You may need tweezers to remove small parts that may fall out.
Step 9: Once you have removed all the screws and components, you can clean or replace any parts.
Step 10: When ready to reassemble your Xbox One controller, reverse the steps above. Double-check that all screws are correctly tightened, and all components are in the correct place before closing the back cover.
Read Also: Sandbox VR Prices Minutes
How do you take apart an Xbox controller without the tool?
While it is recommended to use the proper tools when taking apart an Xbox controller, it is possible to do so without them. However, it is essential to note that improvised tools may increase the risk of damaging your controller or injuring yourself. Proceed at your own risk.
Here are some alternative methods to take apart an Xbox controller without the proper tools:
- Use a flathead screwdriver: If you don’t have a Torx T8 security screwdriver, you can use a small one. Insert the flathead screwdriver into the screw and turn it counterclockwise to loosen it. However, be careful not to strip the screw, as this will make it difficult to remove in the future.
- Use a paperclip or bobby pin: If you don’t have a spudger, you can use a paperclip or bobby pin to pry open the back cover of the controller. Bend the paperclip or bobby pin into a U shape, insert the ends into the small gaps between the back cover and the front shell, and gently pry it open.
- Use your fingers: In some cases, you may be able to use your fingers to pry open the back cover of the controller. Hold the controller with one hand, use your other hand to grip the back cover, and gently apply pressure to lift it off.
It’s important to note that improvised tools may not provide the same level of precision as the proper tools and could damage the controller or its components. Additionally, using improper tools can be dangerous, as they may slip or break, causing injury to yourself or others. If you’re unsure how to proceed, it may be best to obtain the proper tools or seek the assistance of a professional.
Taking apart an Xbox One controller may seem intimidating initially, but it is a manageable task with the right tools and instructions. By following the steps above, you can better understand how your controller works and even repair or replace broken parts. Remember to proceed at your own risk and take your time to avoid damaging any internal components.
Read Also: How to Give Terraria More Memory