How to turn off notifications on Airpods
There are a few ways to turn off notifications on AirPods.
1. Using the Settings app
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on Notifications.
- Scroll down and tap on Announce Notifications.
- Toggle off the switch next to Announce Notifications.
2. Using Control Center
- Swipe down from the top right corner of your iPhone or iPad screen to open Control Center.
- Tap on the Announce Notifications button.
- The button will turn gray when notifications are turned off.
3. Using Siri
- Say, “Hey Siri, turn off notifications.”
- Siri will confirm that notifications are turned off.turn off notifications on airpods
Once you have turned off notifications, Siri will no longer read your notifications aloud when you are wearing your AirPods.
Here are some additional things to keep in mind:
- If you have multiple devices, you must turn off notifications on each device individually.
- If you have AirPods Pro, you can also use the Transparency mode to hear your surroundings instead of Siri reading your notifications aloud.
- You can still see your notifications on your iPhone or iPad even if you have turned off notifications on your AirPods.
Why are my Airpods not reading texts?
There could be a few reasons why your AirPods are not reading texts:
- Settings: Ensure your AirPods are set up to read text messages. To do this, go to Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone, tap the “i” icon next to your AirPods, and make sure that “Announce Messages with Siri” is turned on.
- Siri: Make sure that Siri is enabled and working correctly. To check this, try asking Siri a question or giving her a command to see if she responds.
- Compatibility: Check if your iPhone and AirPods are compatible with each other. Your AirPods need to be connected to an iOS 13.2 or later iPhone.
- Language: Ensure that your iPhone and AirPods are set to the same language. If they are not, your AirPods may be unable to read your texts.
- Unresponsive AirPods: Try resetting your AirPods by holding the button on the back of the case until the LED light flashes. Then, try connecting them to your iPhone again.
Here are some additional thoughts on the article
- The article does a good job of explaining the different ways to turn off notifications on AirPods.
- The article also provides some helpful tips for using AirPods, such as using the Transparency mode to hear your surroundings.
- Overall, the article is a helpful resource for anyone who uses AirPods.
AirPods are a great way to listen to music, make calls, and get notifications without taking your phone out of your pocket. However, if the notifications are too distracting, you can easily turn them off using the methods described above. By following these simple steps, you can ensure that you get the most out of your AirPods without being interrupted by unwanted notifications.