Funza Lushaka Bursary 2024 – The Applications for the Funza Lushaka bursary for 2024 is on. All interested aspiring teachers in South Africa should apply for this educational funding opportunity. The application form is now available on the official Basic Education Department of South Africa e.service portal www.funzalushaka.doe.gov.za. Here in this article, we will take out time to explain everything you need to know about this bursary; eligibility, documents requirements and step by step application process.
About Funza Lushaka Bursary
Funza Lushaka Bursary is an educational funding opportunity from the Government of South Africa. The funding opportunity is managed by the Basic Education Depart of South Africa. The man objective of this bursary is to provide funding to promote teacher education in the country. Recipients of these bursaries will be required to teach at a public school for the same number of years that they received the bursary.
How much is Funza Lushaka bursary?
This is a fully funded education funding opportunity, Each beneficiary receives bursary funding in accordance with their cost structure. Funza Lushaka bursaries typically cover essential expenses such as tuition fees, accommodation, meals, books and learning materials, and in most cases small allowance for monthly living expenses.
Funza Lushaka Bursary Eligibility
- Should you have a criminal record, charged of misconduct or dismissed from work,
kindly note that you are not eligible to apply for this bursary.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees,
their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Non-disclosure of the information required as stated in 2 above will be treated as
- Applicants should be 30 years and below to qualify for the Funza Lushaka Bursary.
- To qualify, you must complete the online application. No hard copies application
will be accepted.
- If you already have a teaching qualification, you do not qualify for Funza Lushaka
Funza Lushaka bursary requirements
- Must be 30 years old or younger
- Have no other teaching qualifications
- Must be a South African citizens with a valid South African ID number
- Good academic ability
- An exemption, endorsement, or ‘admission to bachelor degree studies’ pass at matric/Grade 12 level.
- At least a level 4 pass at matric level in the two subjects which the applicant will specialise to teach.
- For students who wish to specialise in the Foundation Phase, a Level 2 pass in Mathematics or Level 4 pass in Mathematical Literacy at Grade 12 level is required. In addition, a t least a level 4 pass in the Home Language is required.
- For students who wish to specialise in the Intermediate Phase, a Level 4 pass in Mathematics and a level 4 in a Home Language subject and/or a Level 4 pass in Science Subjects at Grade 12 level is required. In addition, at least a level 4 pass in the Home Language is required.
- Students who wish to specialize in the teaching of Technology subjects, including CAT, IT, and other Technical stream subjects and who do not have these subjects level, must have at least a level 4 pass in Mathematics or Technical Mathematics.
- Must be accepted into an approved B.Ed. degree or PGCE programme to specialise in two or more of the priority subject areas.
- Must be committed to teach in any school to which a student may be placed by a Provincial Education Department (PED)
How to Apply
Follow the steps below to complete the Funza Lushaka bursary 2024 online application;
- Visit the official e-Gov portal here >> www.eservices.gov.za
- Register by providing personal information
- Login to the system using user name and password created when registering
- On the e-Services Menu select Funza Lushaka Bursary Scheme
- Enter the OTP received on the preferred channel
- Accept the Terms and Conditions
- On the dashboard menu click on the 2024 application button
- Follow the steps to complete the required field with your information
- Accept the declaration to confirm the information captured
Funza Lushaka Bursary 2024 online application status check
After the application, its important that you follow up to check if you have been selected or not. To check the status of your application, simply follow the steps below;
- Go to the eServices Website
- login with your username and password
- Click the Login button
- Click on Funza Lushaka Bursary
- Check your status
- The bursary is only awarded to South African citizens with a valid South African ID number.
- Allocation of Funza Lushaka bursaries to Higher Education Institution employees, their spouse and their dependents/children is not permissible.
- Bursary applicants must already have been accepted into a either BEd or PGCE qualification at an accredited public University.
The applicant must also meet the national selection criteria for the Funza Lushaka bursary.
- The bursary will only be awarded if two of the priority area subjects are included as a specialisation in the teaching qualification.
- The applicant should demonstrate good academic ability.
- The applicant must show commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with
young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges with integrity.
Funza Lushaka bursary 2024 deadline
The Funza Lushaka bursary 2024 online application closing date for new applications is 02/02/2024. Re-applications for Existing/Returning Bursars close on 30/11/2023.
Thank you for reading – this is Early Finder – Be the first to discover opportunities. Please share!